Friday, July 20, 2007

Sword Fish and Fry's

So today before the Vice Admiral and I went to Kobe's Sushi in Fountain Valley, we decided to hit up Fry's. The Vice Admiral was looking for Swordfish on BluRay, advertised price of $11.99. I was just looking. So we head over to the BluRay Section. No luck Fry's does not do a good job at keeping the inventory in any kind of order. So we had to search through all of their racks. So with no apparent Swordfish in stock, the Vice Admiral went and looked for some kind of a wire that he needed. I in turn checked the price of Icky Thump by the White Stripes (just one of my favorite bands). I had checked a week ago and it was $13.99. Way too much. For those of you who know me know that I ONLY purchase CDs that are under $10. So I was surprised when I found that Icky Thump was $8.99. What a deal!

So on our way to the checkout line, I had noticed some Simpson Dolls. Which reminded me that my roommate wanted those limited edition Simpson Squishee cups. I started to tell the Vice Admiral what my roommate wanted. As I was doing this I noticed a pile of non-Simpson merch on the display, so I absently went through it. One was a PS2 game and under that..... The BluRay Swordfish. It was fate as the BluRay gods smiled down on me as I was able to hand that BluRay disc to the Vice Admiral. It was legendary.

In a recent poll of Fry's shoppers, 83% said that they normally don't find what they are looking for until they are on their way to the checkout line. Our recent experience seems to support that poll.

No comments: