Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Name from the Past and Good News

So I was at the comic con with the knowledge that someone from my past was there. One of my sister's good friends from her High School days, Derek Fridolfs was at the Comic Con in the Artist Alley. I haven't seen or heard anything about him since prior to graduating college. So after hearing that he is an inker for comic books like Iron Fist, Superman, and Batman I just had to check out his stuff. He was a blast. He remember me and we talked a little bit as well. I had asked to get a picture for my sister, I had meant the camera way, and started to draw a kick ass version of Sups and Batsy. So cool that I think I am going to keep it. Here is him signing the artwork.



I just have to give Derek mad props. He just whipped out a pencil and drew this in like 10 minutes or so. Super fast! and better than ANY thing I could do. He is good folks and one day he will be penciling his own books. It is just a matter of time. Here is a pic of Derek and the finished product. This will go on my wall in a frame.



So meeting Derek and touching basis with him was cool. The other super news I got on Saturday was when I got home, I had a message from Caruthers. I got the teaching job. I will sign my contract on wednesday. Also this speeds up my moving to Fresno. It is a bit rushed, but it will be fine. I will live with the parental units for a month and then get my own place. Rent free is cool, but I have way too much stuff and I am used to being on my own. But they will be close by if needed. I will post more later.

No comments: