Sunday, July 29, 2007

San Diego Comic Con 07

This was my first time at the comic con. I was a bit surprised, well maybe I shouldn't have been, by the vast number of follow comic book, Sci Fi, fantasy geeks. It was an experience for sure. Lots of cool things go on at comic cons. There are people selling goods, people buying goods, people signing autographs, a lot of photo taking, screenings, Q&A with special guest etc.

Here is proof I was at Comic Con 07



One of the perks or perhaps attraction of Comic Cons are they costumes. People love to geek out and dress up for comic con. If I had storm trooper armor I would have walked around like these guys.






As you all know I collect Astromech droids. Well there were a few there is well. There was the standard R2 D2 and then there was the Little Pink Imperial Astromech Droid with a heart of gold. R2 KT. This special pink R2 unit was made possible by the wonderful people of the 501st and the Make a Wish Foundation. cool huh? Oh and I purchased 11 more droids, once I move I'll take pictures.




In the Autograph area I found some Wrestlers. Cool huh. RVD, Virgil and Sgt. Slaughter. The Million Dollar Man was suppose to be there too but he must have been on lunch when I checked out their booth. I did not have enough money to get an autograph or what not.


Sgt. Slaughter


Virgil


RVD

Last but not least while we were having fun, the Dark Lord showed up with Sith and Death Eaters. Yes He Who Must Not Be Named was there. Don't believe me? Here is the proof.



All in all I had fun, got a little miffed at all the people, but hey it was my first time, next year I will know what to expect. Oh oh oh I will most likely post other stuff later like seeing Summer Glau and other things that ruled, like Ray Bradbury.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Vice Admiral was quite surprised to see so many cute females at the Con. Now to only find someone like the females there then everything will be awesome.