Thursday, September 27, 2007

A nice Surprise at the Caruthers Fair!

Well this day had a few nice surprises. First was finding out that the Girls Varsity Volleyball team was not traveling with us today. What does this mean? Well let me tell you! It meant that we didn't have to stay as late in Avenal (Female Prison city). This is important due to the fact that I would now get to see Jeremy Elvis Pearson. He is one of the best Elvis impersonators ever. He was the highlight of my first Caruthers fair. I was so bummed when I thought I was going to miss him. Well I got to see him.



But the surprises where not over. Oh no! I went to the fair, got a Tri Tip sandwich and settled in to watch Elvis by myself when my phone rings. It's The Fleet Admiral. Him and his Fiance are at the fair! Hot damn! He joins me and we watch Elvis.



That is when we started talking about our houses and his wedding. Well I am his Best Man. That is a huge Surprise and a very welcome one.

Finally I leave you with two pictures of The Fleet Admiral and Myself with the King. This day turned out to be a pretty good one. I also took some chances on some things I was involved with and well they may not have turned out, but hey there is no shame in Silver!




Oh yeah, my Lady Blue Raiders won their match 5-4! Which puts us back at .500. As a coach, for the matches I coached, I'm 5-4 ;) Also at the fair I ran into a fair number of my students. It feels good. Again this has been my dream job.

1 comment:

wildtomato said...

I'm so glad that you were able to take a situation that was less than ideal, and turn it into a long, lost dream. Rock on!