Thursday, December 27, 2007

I Created a Monster!!!

During my trip up to Nor Cal, my sister, Wildtomato, took it upon herself to have me learn how to knit. She had her knitting group over and well there was a left handed knitter and she taught me simple stuff. I learned how to do cast ons, and a normal stitch... sorry forgot the name, and my sister taught me how to finish.... I'll probably need to relearn that one though. So my first knitting project is finished. DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My Yellow Practice Swatch!


This is an upclose of the stitching. Apparently this is good for a n00b. Honestly knitting was hard work and my arms and back where getting tired and my eyes too. But it was sort of fun. However I must have put too much testosterone into making this yellow swatch because it soon took on a life of it's own.......


No longer the yellow swatch.... it morphed into the........


Woolly Yellow Eye Attacking Beast of Doom (WYEABD). Its first victim was of course Mingus.


Followed by Vespa. Greaseball and Fifty Fifty were speared as Fifty Fifty Knows all and Sees all and thus out witted the WYEABD. When I left my sisters I thought I was safe, however the WYEABD had learned a new trick! It learned hot to cloak.


Without my knowledge I had brought it home with me.



The WYEABD quickly attacked Flick's eyes.


Flick put up a valiant struggle! He fought the WYEABD hard!


But in the end, just like Mingus and Vespa, he had to submit! Ego inflated, the WYEABD looked for its next victim........ my Guinea Pig, River!


At first River was confused as the WYEABD wanted a fast victory and surely a Guinea Pig would be easier than dogs and cats.


However, just when things looked grim, River had an idea. One that could save the world from this WYEABD forever.



With all her Guinea Pig might and will, River put her new plan into place. She attacked the WYEABD with all her cuteness! Fueled by her love of her daddy, veggies, and timothy hay and with the hope of all of earth's creatures........ she made the WYEABD submit to her will!


And that boys and girls is how River got her lovely yellow bonnet!



4 comments:

wildtomato said...

Ha ha! I love it! River's bonnet looks quite fetching.

Kathleen said...

I came here via the Wild Tomato...I'm so concerned that the infestation seems to have passedinto your household! At least it hasn't sprouted sleeves and hoods yet, but only time will tell! Thank heaven River has the will and the strength to overcome!
Hehe.

wildtomato said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for details...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! River looks adorable. What a brave, cute guinea pig!