Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I just remembered

If I ever needed a reminder of why at times I have turned my back on the church, this is one of them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/entertainmentfilmreligionusbritain

Pretty much a group of Catholics and Bishops are condemning the movie the Golden Compass. They say it is anti-religion. Well I read the book and didn't see it. And besides the history of the Catholic Church is one of oppression and other not so nice things...... But who are these supposed closed minded ultra conservatives to tell ME how to live my life or what to watch. I still maintain that it is up to the Church to preach that parents should be MORE involved in their children's lives and *gasp* talk to them about issues like this..... yeah that's right, parents need to be parents. What a novel concept? OMG!!! Instead parents don't do this and they rely on a church that abuses their children.... nice.... give me a break, let people live their lives and if anything remind them that being a good parent will solve most of the issues these groups are complaining about.........

No comments: