Friday, September 26, 2008

What's in a name.......oh the shame.

Ok yesterday I found out that the best Elvis Tribute Artist (ETA) in the whole world, Jeremy Elvis Pearce (JEP), read by blog, I'll post pictures later. But when he asked me if I was TofuNinja I was floored. I admit I was a bit confused. How did he know my online screen name?!?!?! Even my friend John was thinking that it was just a joke until JEP summarized my blog post about me eating a tri tip sandwich with the Admiral and his fiancee..... I was happy and in awe. JEP read my blog!! Well then I got to thinking how in the world did JEP find my blog.....

Well there are certain things that you don't do. You don't tug on Superman's Cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and You don't ask JEP how he found your blog.

This mystery was solved and I was shamed. You see I did a search for Jeremy Elvis Pearson, which is how I spelled his name in the original blog post... I was in shock that it was the very first result in a Google search. I was like booyeah! Then I realized that his own personal webpage was not in the results....... uh oh..... upon further research, I found that I indeed put the WRONG name down for the best ETA in the world.... oh the shame. It is not Jeremy Elvis Pearson, it was JEREMY ELVIS PEARCE.....

I am still not sure how he found it, but I am betting that Ol' JEP from time to time does a search for common or possible misspellings of his name and found my little ol' blog. Even classier was that JEP did not mention that to me. This just adds to the fact that JEP is not only the best ETA, he is a classy guy too. Thank you for not pointing out my grave mistake JEP! You truly are awesome, you took those funny pictures with the Admiral's fiancee pushing your booty and now this. You truly love your fans and we love you.

I just had to clear up the name mistake, even if it is a year late. Also check out his website: http://www.jeremyelvispearce.com/ Just FYI his site is best viewed in Internet Explorer. Mozilla firefox just gives a bunch of broken links... haven't tested it in Chrome..... but yeah IE works best.

IF you get a chance to see him live, do it. If you get to see him with the JEP band.....See it twice! I can not say this enough, I never saw the King himself, but having seen my share of other ETA, JEP is truly a King of Kings. Can't wait until next year... I might just have to catch him at a none Caruthers Fair gig.

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

Dude, don't you need a wedding performer? What could be more you than Elvis? Is he certified to perform marriages?

Mom will love it. ;)

Baron von Hungster said...

Oh for shame, his website is a bunch of broken links in Chrome as well...