Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Past can not be the future

Well something odd happened this week. I got a call from some one who used to be a better friend to me back in the days. To be honest I am not sure I would consider him a good, let alone, friend these days. This person was not even invited to the wedding that is not happening. This is just to put some of my feelings out there before I type what I type :)

So he calls and ask how I have been and that he had heard something and wanted me to call him. Against my better judgment I call him back. Of course I get his voice mail. This is kind of his MO but to be fair he could have been working. When he called me we used his first and last name, like I would have forgotten who he was... but anyway. So I call back and leave a message. I used a part of his old nickname. Let him know that I was no longer getting married and that I have moved back to Central California.

Well as expected it's been a couple days and he hasn't called back but he did talk to a mutual friend and complained that he doesn't like it when I call him by his nickname as he feels it is childish or something......childish... yeah.... I could be brutally harsh here but I won't. There is so much more I want to say but a blog is not the place to do it. I feel I have aired out enough.

2 comments:

TofuNinja said...

Well he called back but I was away and didn't get to it in time. I am not sure I would want to answer it really. It would just be more small talk and nothing serious. But I just wanted to let all my readers (all three of you) that he did call back and he did not leave a message.

wildtomato said...

If someone doesn't want you to call him by a certain name, well you got to respect that. Even if he hasn't told you this and only complains about it behind your back, it is his wish. Sucks to be an adult, eh?

I'm tired. I totally get what you say about not getting left alone. You know what I'm talking about.