Friday, November 23, 2007

Randomness

Ok I am already sick of the multiposting hahahaha makes me look like a post whore... or something. So instead I will blog random thoughts in ONE blog post instead of over several... this of course will make no sense as what little people actually read my blog will read top to bottom, not vice versa.

Nirvana Unplugged

Ok everyone knows I love Nirvana. But my passion for them was born from the MTV unplugged concert they did. Before I really really jumped on the Alternative/Grunge/90s music I only listened to oldies and had really no interest in Nirvana. Well, that changed with the Unplugged album and show. It was right up my ally in terms of sound and wasn't too harsh. Well I learned to love the harshness of alt music and now am a hueg fan of all kinds of rock. But This album and concert started it. Why do I bring this up? Today I purchased Nirvana Unplugged In New York. They finally released the concert in it's Entirety. As I watched I got goosebumps and was reminded why this band opened my ears to new music. I also noticed that Kurt Cobain has my second favorite pair of blue eyes.

The Most Electrifying After School Program

After two weeks of lower than expected turn out I had a solid week in my WWE After School Program. This is due mainly because football ended and I have senior from the team flooding into my room. I had 5 new students on Monday, and another 10 on Wednesday... though I think that the new "Tradition" had more to do with it. The new "Tradition" was Pizza. I just thought that since it was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I'd throw them a surprise Pizza Party. It was a hit. I had a few students who came in because I was teasing them about this new "Tradition" and they wanted to know what it was. Little did I know that I was the ONLY After School Program to run that day. There were sports going on, but no other ASP as they all canceled. So I was promoing this to all my students WWE style...."Come check out the NEW 'tradition' being ushered in by the ONLY and Mr. Mar means ONLY ASP that dares run on the day before turkey day! Why? Because WWE ASP is the MOST ELECTRIFYING ASP in CHS history!!!" Nerdy yes.... but it worked.

Great

Now that I went to this format I'm drawing blanks......

Boomer and Helo

Well my former roommate dropped off Boomer last Sunday on her way to her brother's near Oakland. And just like I thought Boomer and Helo hate each other. It is Hissapoluza! I thought that this would happen. Susan and Bruce, to whom the cats are going to, said they are used to cats like this so I think they will be fine. I just can't wait for them to remember that they are sisters. Flick, like the totally cool cat that he is, has already reunited with Boomer. He hissed at her to make her remember that he is Flick, and then everything was good between them. That means Flick was grooming her. So it has been a week just about and while Boomer and Helo are ok around each other, they still hiss I haven't let them both free roam at the same time.... that will come later at their new home. I will miss the two butt kittens. But they need each other even if they currently don't think so.


Helo and Boomer as kittens.... now rivals.. so sad

Josh Groban

It was suggested to me by a Blue-Eyed Lady that I perhaps check out some Josh Groban. My former roommate had listened to him. For the most part he is not my typical genre of music, however he seems to relax me..... which is good. I like it. He has a powerful voice. My students didn't really like it that much, but then again they like very little of what I do play for them. I purchased his Album AWAKE and it will soon be on my iPod for their listening enjoyment and mine. The CD I may give away as I took what I needed from it. If the Blue-Eyed Lady doesn't have this one it's hers.

Pet Stores

For some reason I haven't spent a lot of time in a pet store lately. PetSmart is just too far away currently. That will change when I move, but for it.... yeah. And Petco is not that good here in Fresno.... however there is an independent store Whities. Well I went there to get some stuff.... I forgot they they sale feeders..... :( nuff said.

End I think

I think this will end this blog post....... yeah it will. Thanks for reading.

No comments: