Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Guitar Hero, Chicken Kiev, and a Green Thumb

So the day came when I finally had to mow the lawn... well I saw mow... but I really just needed to weed whack it, it is sooooo small. I hope I did a good job, I can tell it is a bit uneven.... but I will deal with that later.....

Also I bought my first veggie plants....I need to find some full sun areas on my patio.... I figured out why they did not cover it... I get barely any sun on my patio... which is nice I suppose. but still would have been nice to have a cover so I can leave chairs out there... sigh.... So here are the cute little plants.


This is curly parsley. It was bought just for River... she loves it and it has Vitamin C, which she needs.


This is Sweet Red Bell Pepper. High in Vitamin C for River and for cooking.


This is Japanese Eggplant.... yum. This is for cooking


This is Roma Grape tomato. For River and for cooking


This is Mr. Stripey. Heirloom Tamatoe. Cooking and ummm yeah cooking.


Here are the happy plants enjoying a sun spot that would make Flick insanely Jealous.

I finally got around to getting a second guitar for my Wii's Guitar hero game. Meaning I can now do battles with friends... I did this with the GF, and Co-op mode with friends. I did this with the GF and The Rear Admiral Lower Half.

Here are some pics of the Rear Admiral Lower Half and myself (Upper Half), can you guess who is playing bass and who is playing lead?








So the other day I asked the GF what her favorite dish was... her answer surprised me. Chicken Kiev. I thought she was going to say stew heh heh heh. So I told her I'd make it for her and set off. I foudn three recipes that I kind of liked, one from Best Homes book, looked it over and discarded, one from Joy of Cooking and one from online America's Test Kitchen. I used half of the later two. My only scare was I thought the Butter I had seasoned was a bit too lemony.. it was lemon strong at the end, but not as bad as the butter itself, so it cooked out. I did have trouble butterflying the breast and then pounding it.... but it turned out ok. I think I need to bake it in a lower pan next time..... I did have butter leakage too.

For those who do not know Chicken Kiev is chicken breast that is pounded flat, rolled with a stick of seasoned butter in it... well more like a finger, breaded and either fried or baked (I baked). I was surprised when we both cut into the chicken to find that butter either exploded out (mild) or oozed out.... again just a bit to lemony... but edible. She liked it and was impressed that I could make it as it is very labor intensive.... things one does during spring break.

Finally I have noticed that Mr. Flick likes to roam from sun spot to sun spot. He tends to sleep either on my bed (why not it is a nice pillow top, he's never had one but utterly loves mine), and the Futon. Ah the life of a cat.

And as always.......


Flick is NOT amused.

1 comment:

wildtomato said...

Flick is never amused.

Good going on the chicken kiev. The plants look good, too.