Sunday, June 15, 2008

Practice Swatch #2

ok, so it's been like 6 months since I Knitted. I took finally unpacked my knitting stuff. What I found horrified me... well not really. I guess I had put my needles away in the middle of a row. I had no idea what direction I was working... so I removed the needles. I know that is bad..... but hey. So my WIP because a finished project just like that... no casting off... sad huh. So here is a pic of my finished practice swatch. lol


Of course since this was my first finished project in ages I had to have Flick and River model this bluish bacon like swatch.

Flick was not impressed at all, he just yawned at me..... sigh.

Even when I wrapped it around his tail to show him it could keep him warm, he yawned at me.


He did take time out from yawning to give my swatch a sniff, he told me he picked up hints of catnip and sun spots.


When draped over his head like this he looks like a British Judge.

And now the furmiliation is complete. This will teach Flick to yawn at my finished projects no matter how sad they are.

I thought I might have more luck impressing River.......

River, being a Guinea Pig, automatically assumed that this was some kind of blue food. He gave it a test nibble.

Having failed the test nibble, she gave my swatch a sniff and a close look.

She decided that this was a good swatch to hide her face from... here she mugs with just a Guinea Nose.


River thinks that this swatch would make a good drape for her piggy hut.

I think it looks good as a mini piggy blanket. Well River didn't like it. Not sure how I was able to get her to stay still for this shot. River seemed quiet amused and accepting of my swatch. She knows how to make Daddy happy. Flick on the other hand........

Is NOT amused.

No comments: